Sunday, June 01, 2008

Camping

Sarah, our journalist, wrote today's post.

For my mom’s b-day we went camping at Dreher Island. It took us an hour to get there.
First we set up our tents and put our sheets and bed stuff out. Lydia (my friend) and I slept in a small tent. We used water floats for our mattresses. My mom my brother and my sister slept in the big tent. My dad slept in the van. We all used fans because it was hot. The first night it was sorta hard to go to sleep because we kept hearing these weird noises and a raccoon came to visit our garbage.



During our camping trip we took a hike in the woods and played hide in seek. At nighttime we made smorz.



We went swimming a lot! Where we went swimming was very fun it was very shallow and then it got deeper. We skipped stones and I skipped some four times! My record.



At the edge of the water we found clay that the Indians used and made pinch pots out of them. My mom found a crystal in the water while we were there. My favorite thing that we did was making the pinch pots, swimming, skipping rocks, and taking showers in the bathroom (it felt good). My favorite meal was the dinner and breakfast.



I hope we go camping there again some time!
-Sarah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, great post! It looks like you had an awesome time. We want to join y'all for camping sometime but I will need to stay in a cabin and not where the raccoons can get me.

Miss you.
xoxo

Laura, Brian and Max

PS: xoxo to Alden and Zion too. :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah's a natural! Looks like a lot of fun - I like how Dave slept in the van :) I will forever associate Dave with the van, I hope he never gets rid of it.

Heidi Mehltretter said...

No worries, van and David are symbiotic.