Friday, April 18, 2008

Blueberry update


One week in, and the blueberries are still alive. In fact, they've been joined by three more blueberry bushes and a veggie garden!

My dad told my mom that I might be biting off more than I can chew. Hey, what's new?? But, the kids LOVE it.

Work is picking up. Shoot tomorrow, a festival, outside all day. Then Tuesday in Charleston for a political spot and Wednesday here in town for a school. All compliments of my friend Lee Ann Kornegay. Thanks Lee Ann!

Also doing some photography for Wegener Media. They invented a power plug for the new Mac laptops that is sturdy. Here is a shot of the prototype, and, the new one they liked best from what I shot this morning. I think I should have curved the cord some.

Also did some shooting today for my medical magazine client. We are trying to come up with a symbolic image for the cover of a segment featuring new doctors. Any ideas?? I'd love your thoughts on this, it is hard to come up with something that fits.

Tonight I went to an auction for the older kids' school. I didn't win much, but I bid on a lot of things, the neatest one being a weekend camping trip for the kids with one of the teachers - too bad we didn't get it. We donated some Ethiopian scarves to the auction, and I put some 8x10 prints of the people making the scarves with them. Here is one that people seemed to like. There is no debating that Ethiopian women are stunningly beautiful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi,

I love a good challenge, but need more context than: a symbolic image for the cover of a segment featuring new doctors.

Anything more you can tell us?

Michelle

Heidi Mehltretter said...

Yes, and thank you for asking. I've posted more info today and am looking forward to ideas.